7 Things to Think About to Get your Video Social Media Marketing Strategy Right
Videos are quickly becoming the most powerful content type on social media. Facebook reports 8 billion+ video views daily and Instagram stories reportedly reach 150 million daily users, therefore it’s hard to comprehend why you wouldn’t include video in your social media strategy. Your audience now expect to be able to view videos from the brands and businesses they follow and they expect them to be engaging and enjoyable. So what’s stopping you?
If you are a business owner and haven’t yet incorporated video into your marketing strategy, then you need to get your head in the game, because you could be missing out on a huge opportunity to reach and interact with your audience.
Although the thought of creating video may seem scary and difficult, hold tight, because we have some quick tips for you to think about when you’re building your bespoke video strategy.
- First things first, establish a goal. Why are you creating this video content? Are you looking to increase brand engagement, drive sales or increase interaction? Whatever your goal make sure you suss it out before creating your video content. Focus on your upcoming launches, campaigns or episodes and create specific videos to back them.
- Know your audience. Who are they? How old are they? Where are they from? Which social media platforms do they spend the most time on? Knowing whether your audience spend more time on desktops or mobiles will really help you determine the length and format of your video content. How can you find this out? Use tools such as Google Analytics to see which platforms are driving the most traffic to your site.
- Adapt your video for each social media site. It’s crucial to use a compelling thumbnail image and an interesting hook within the first few seconds, these will help to ensure your viewers stay engaged no matter the platform. For example, use Snapchat for real-time, live coverage, Instagram for teasers and Facebook for longer videos.
- CTA (call to actions) what do you want your viewers to do? If you want them to like, subscribe or comment, tell them to do so.
- What story are you telling? Don’t just try and sell, this is SOCIAL media…
- Consider your production values. It doesn’t have to cost a lot but make sure it reflects your brand. Hire a professional if you can but be careful not to spend a lot if you don’t have clear goals and purpose for the video. If you can’t, spend time creating a fantastic story; compelling stories do better than snazzy videos.
- Promote your video BEFORE you launch, build anticipation. Half your success will depend on how well you promote the video before it goes live.
If you keep these tips in mind, you’ll be on your way to creating engaging and effective videos across all your social media channels. Never be afraid to jump into it and make some tester videos.